WATER DAMAGE IN ST. LOUIS
The first rule of water removal is that you should not try to handle it on your own. Depending on the source and type of problem, there could be contaminants in the water. There is also the potential for injury due to electrical, structural or other hazardous situations. The second rule of water removal? Time is of the essence. Even a short delay can introduce secondary damages like mold, warping of woods, staining of carpet, and strong odors in your home or business.
The more water that can be removed before any drying takes place, the better off you’ll be in the long term. The Flood Team is your best bet when things get wet. Our technicians are ready and able to respond to any kind of water-related emergency, 24 hours a day, which can prevent secondary damages.
What To Do If you have Water Damage:
- Do not enter a room with high levels of water. Especially if they have reached electrical outlets. “Electrical shock is a real risk”
- Do not enter areas that have been affected by contaminated water like sewage or water that has come from a drain. Exposure to this type of water can cause serious illness
- If water came from a clean source, wipe up excess water from furniture or fixtures after removing lamps and table-top items
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood block between furniture legs and wet carpet.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove Oriental or area rugs from wet wall-to-wall carpet or wood floors.
- Open suitcases and luggage for drying, in sunlight if possible.
- Pick up loose items like toys, shoes, and especially newspapers and magazines from wet floors.
- Stay out of rooms where wet ceilings are sagging or may have retained water.
- Hang furs and leather goods to dry separately at room temperature.
The right contractor can make all the difference when getting your property back to its original condition after water damage has occurred. The Flood Team is experienced in providing expert water damage services in St. Louis for over 25 years.
Contact us us now for a 24/7 Free Water Damage Evaluation.